Jim
Thanks for the explanation I am sorry to appear a bit dim we don't have
this term here although we have something similar in terms of the
concept. We have a project developing materials for
undergraduate/graduate/post graduate  students to improve their
employability so hopefully we have something that fits your agenda. We
will be in touch soon.
Beverly

Beverly Leeds
E-Evolve Project Manager
Lancashire Business School
University of Central Lancashire
+44 - (0)1772-894698
www.uclan.ac.uk/evolve

Any representations, views and/or opinions in this e-mail are those of
the sender, and not necessarily of the University.  The University's
computer network (including its e-mail facility) is intended for
educational purposes, and the University accepts no liability for, and
shall not be bound by, the contents of any e-mail sent from its network
which do not relate to those purposes or other business of the
University.
This e-mail is confidential to and for the sole use of its
addressee(s).  If you should not have received it, please notify the
sender and permanently delete it: you may not print, copy, disclose,
distribute or rely on it, or any part of it.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free and
the University does not accept liability for any errors in or amendments
to the contents of this message which arise in consequence of its
transmission by e-mail.

>>> [log in to unmask] 07/09/2006 18:31:23 >>>
Beverly, "K" stands for Kindergarten; "20" stands for 20 years of
schooling (i.e., in this case, from 5 year olds through college and
university post-graduate, professional, and continuing education).
Our use of this term was a shorthand to essentially cover all
structured educational systems/sectors. In the US, the more common
terms are "K-12" or "K-16."

Best.

Jim

James L Morrison
Editor-in-Chief, Innovate
> focus only on what is happening to class members, reunions, and such
http://www.innovateonline.info
Professor Emeritus of Educational Leadership
UNC-Chapel Hill
http://horizon.unc.edu

On Sep 7, 2006, at 4:38 AM, Beverly Leeds wrote:

> Jim
> Can you tell me what K-20 online learning is. It is not a term I am

> familiar with in the UK
> Thanks
> Beverly
>
> Beverly Leeds
> E-Evolve Project Manager
> Lancashire Business School
> University of Central Lancashire
> +44 - (0)1772-894698
> www.uclan.ac.uk/evolve
>
> Any representations, views and/or opinions in this e-mail are those

> of the sender, and not necessarily of the University.  The
> University's computer network (including its e-mail facility) is
> intended for educational purposes, and the University accepts no
> liability for, and shall not be bound by, the contents of any e-
> mail sent from its network which do not relate to those purposes or

> other business of the University.
> This e-mail is confidential to and for the sole use of its addressee

> (s).  If you should not have received it, please notify the sender
> and permanently delete it: you may not print, copy, disclose,
> distribute or rely on it, or any part of it.
> E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free
> and the University does not accept liability for any errors in or
> amendments to the contents of this message which arise in
> consequence of its transmission by e-mail.

> Online learning is a growing phenomenon in education that provides
> increased access for educational opportunities for students
> regardless of
> where they live, their background, their family level of income, or

> how old
> they are. While online learning is growing, a number of educational
> researchers are examining online learning as a new delivery model
> that can
> stimulate established education models and ensure that data is
> available to
> support innovative and best practices. Exploration and building
modern
> foundations in online learning are key to growing a body of
> evidence to
> highlight how this modern vehicle is advancing educational practice.
>
> We seek research-based manuscripts that cover the following topics:

> (1)
> innovations in education through online learning, (2) stimulating
K-20