Kathy
Throughout history 'wars' around the world have caused many individuals to
become 'disabled people', as we know through our history. especially
'Vietnam' etc, that many soldiers who became the 'victims' and 'survivors'
of this 'war' had been 'let-down' by the USA Government.

This not only happened in this war it has also happened in others 'wars' and
'conflicts' too, due to the 'disinformation' put out by Government.

What about the millions of innocent civilians who become 'survivors' and
'victims' of 'wars and conflicts' around the globe?

As you can see then 'wars/conflicts' and 'disability' are 'interelated' and
these discourses need to be discussed within the disabled peoples' movement.

Yours

Colin R

>From: Kathy Mancuso <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Relevance Concern
>Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 00:31:16 -0400
>
>How are the four messages about 9/11 I received today relevant to the
>topic of this list, please, which is disability?
>
>--
>. . . connection in an isolating age . . .
>Katherine Mancuso, graduate student, Emory University
>
>Web 2.0 research, life, and meta:
>http://museumfreak.livejournal.com
>http://del.icio.us/museumfreak
>
>"Whenever anyone says 'You are,' they mean 'I want you to be.'" --Anais Nin

>This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for
>Disability Studies at the University of Leeds
>(www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about the list
>administratione should be sent to [log in to unmask]
>Archives and tools are located at:
>www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html
>You can JOIN or LEAVE the list from this web page.

Download the new Windows Live Toolbar, including Desktop search!
http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=en-gb