Hello All,

Sustrans Research and Monitoring Unit would like to request expressions of
interest for small research projects (£1-3k) to look at the impact of the
Bike It Programme.

Proposals should be aimed at delivering findings which will enable the
programme to be evaluated and developed, or as small 'priming' studies
which could present themselves as a route to a wider research project.

Some of you may be aware of the Bike It programme which is led and
implemented in schools by Sustrans (for more information see
http://195.224.180.230/default.asp?sID=1102425335218, and the Bike It
Project Review - attached). Sustrans Research and Monitoring Unit are
conducting a complex 3 year monitoring programme covering the various
aspects of Bike It and the way in which they impact upon cycling levels
amongst school children. We have a limited funding pot which we would like
to offer to interested parties to conduct research which will complement
our own approach. If your expression of interest is appropriate to the
monitoring programme, we will send you a short proforma to complete.

We would be grateful if recipients could pass this message onto
appropriate colleagues and parties whom they consider appropriate.

Please respond to [log in to unmask]

Expressions of interest must be received by the 25th of September.
Completed proformas will be expected by the 9th of October with decisions
made by the end of the month.

Many thanks,

Alex

Alexandra Bulmer
Research Assistant
Sustrans Research and Monitoring Unit

Tel. 0191 2616160
Fax: 0191 261 4500

Sustrans, 37 Side, Quayside, Newcastle, NE1 3JE
Sustrans - it stands for sustainable transport - is a charity that works
on practical projects to encourage people to walk, cycle and use public
transport in order to reduce motor traffic and its adverse effects.
Sustrans, National Cycle Network Centre, 2 Cathedral Square, College
Green, Bristol, BS1 5DD Registered Charity No 326550