Hi all,

I'm trying to install Analysis on a Mac.  It is a Mac Pro with the
Intel chip and runs OS X 10.4.7.

The install script seems to run smoothly until I have to compile the
analysis code and there seems to be something missing.  See the output
below.

I'm a complete newbie with a Mac so I'd appreciate any comments.

Thanks

Justin

***

Compile and install Analysis code (y or n)? y
You can create environment file from scratch (this does not copy it
from environment_default.txt)
If you have already created it and edited it by hand you probably do
not want to create it again here.
Create environment file (y or n) (answer y unless you know otherwise)? y
Does your glut need explicit initialisation (OSX and freeglut probably
y, ordinary glut probably n) (y or n)? y
Use -fPIC compiler flag (y or n) (if gcc compiler y, otherwise n;
answer y unless you know otherwise)? y
Need to know where X11 directory is, in order to compile Analysis
(This directory should contain include/[X11/Xlib.h] and (lib or
lib32)/[libX11.*], and /usr/X11R6 does)
Guess X11 dir = "/usr/X11R6", is this correct (y or n)? y
cd memops/global; make
cc -c -O -DDO_NOT_HAVE_MALLOC -fPIC  utility.c
cc -c -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current//include/python2.4
-O -DDO_NOT_HAVE_MALLOC -fPIC  python_util.c
cc -c -O -DDO_NOT_HAVE_MALLOC -fPIC  hash_list.c
cc -c -O -DDO_NOT_HAVE_MALLOC -fPIC  hash_table.c
cc -c -O -DDO_NOT_HAVE_MALLOC -fPIC  mem_cache.c
cc -c -O -DDO_NOT_HAVE_MALLOC -fPIC  mutex.c
cc -c -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current//include/python2.4
-O -DDO_NOT_HAVE_MALLOC -fPIC  py_mem_cache.c
cc -c -O -DDO_NOT_HAVE_MALLOC -fPIC  block_file.c
cc -c -O -DDO_NOT_HAVE_MALLOC -fPIC  int_array.c
cc -c -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current//include/python2.4
-O -DDO_NOT_HAVE_MALLOC -fPIC  py_block_file.c
cc -L/sw/lib -bundle -bundle_loader
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current//bin/python2.4
-o BlockFile.so utility.o p
on_util.o hash_list.o hash_table.o mem_cache.o mutex.o py_mem_cache.o
block_file.o int_array.o py_block_file.o
/usr/bin/ld: warning -L: directory name (/sw/lib) does not exist
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_PyFloat_AsDouble
_PyFloat_FromDouble
_PyFloat_Type
_PyInt_AsLong
_PyInt_FromLong
_PyInt_Type
_PyList_GetItem
_PyList_New
_PyList_SetItem
_PyList_Size
_PyList_Type
_PyTuple_GetItem
_PyTuple_Size
_PyTuple_Type
_PyType_IsSubtype
_PyArg_ParseTuple
_PyDict_SetItemString
_PyErr_Occurred
_PyErr_SetString
_PyModule_GetDict
_PyObject_Free
_PyObject_Init
_PyObject_Malloc
_PyType_Type
_Py_BuildValue
_Py_FatalError
_Py_FindMethod
_Py_InitModule4
__Py_NoneStruct
_PyArg_ParseTupleAndKeywords
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [BlockFile.so] Error 1
make: *** [global] Error 2
rm: *.so: No such file or directory
rm: *.so: No such file or directory
rm: *.so: No such file or directory
Do you want to create a bin directory (answer y unless you know
otherwise) (y or n)?