This is the first announcement of the interdisciplinary

*Symposium on Carbon in Peatlands*, Wageningen, the Netherlands, *15-18
April, 2007*.

http://www.peatnet.siu.edu/CC07MainPage.html

The website is now open for *abstract submission* (closing on *1
December, 2006*) and *registration*!

We are bringing together leading scientists to summarize the
state-of-the-art in recent research, define directions of future
research, and facilitate transfer of knowledge between disciplines. The
meeting covers various themes and scales, from peatland biogeochemistry,
microbial ecology, paleo-ecology, plant-ecology, ecosystem & landscape
ecology, to ecohydrology, introduced by key-note speakers Christian
Blodau (D), Chris Freeman (UK), Bas van Geel (NL), Håkan Rydin (S),
Nigel Roulet (CDN), Joseph Holden (UK), and Pep Canadell (AUS).

We kindly invite you to contribute to the scientific programme with an
oral presentation or poster. All contributions within the themes are
welcome and may cover research and modelling exercises on topics such as
soil organic matter chemistry, microbial breakdown, C flux dynamics,
production, plant competition, environmental pollution, peat formation,
and remote sensing.

We are pleased to welcome you in Wageningen next year!

On behalf of the organizers,

*
Juul Limpens

Frank Berendse

Gabriela Schaepman-Strub*

PS: Please feel free to redistribute this announcement to your network!*