Hello everyone - it's nice to be back with you again after several years of
non-wells research.  I can't say I'm in any way an active researcher again,
but I'm hosting the Source and LSJ archives (the University of Bath wanted
its filespace back and we'd have lost the entire resource if I hadn't taken
it into my own filespace), and I maintain an interest in all things well and
spa.

Which brings me to Thermae Bath Spa, the glorious new spa in Bath.  I went
for a session yesterday - how fantastic.  £19 buys you two hours in which
you can swim in the rooftop pool (with jacuzzi and water jets) while taking
in the views of the Bath skyline, use the steam rooms (four at different
temperatures, scented with different essential oils) and the foot spas, sit
on the terrace, use the restaurant (anything you buy is coded onto your
smart bracelet and you pay on exit) and swim in the Minerva bath with its
jacuzzi area.  It was brilliantly organised, busy without being crowded,
there were people of all ages there (no children under 12, and 12-16 they
must be accompanied by an adult) and it was a wonderfully relaxing
experience, even without the many different treatments on offer.

I'm not an experiences visitor of spas, but I'm definitely hooked.
Thoroughly recommended (and they're not even paying me commission to say so!).

So I thought I should rejoin the list and tell you all about it.

Katy Jordan
http://people.bath.ac.uk/liskmj/home.htm