On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Peter W. Draper wrote:

> > I have not yet written any documentation.  I can add a suitable section
> > to sun243.tex if you like - tell me where in the document you'd like
> > it to go.  In TOPCAT, the top-level Interop menu contains a
> > "Help on Interoperability" item (since there's no window dedicated to
> > to PLASTIC functionality, so no other context-sensitive help is going
> > to lead there - TOPCAT may one day control its PLASTICity from a
> > window, but not yet).  If you want, I can arrange the same for SPLAT.
>
> Usually this would go in the "Help on window" page, but I've no objections
> to you just adding a section to SUN/243 and linking to that from the
> Interop menu, as in TOPCAT. Once you've done that I'll have a look at
> disseminating the information more widely in the docs.

Peter,

I've added:

   - a new section to splat/src/docs/sun243.tex
   - a new figure GIF splat/src/docs/gifs/interopmenu.gif
   - a new menu item (help system reference to id "plastic") to the
        Interop menu in SplatBrowser.java

I haven't attempted to do a proper rebuild of the docs, since it
looks like at least some of this is done by build system magic best
left to you.  Presumably though at least sun243.htx, TOC.xml, Map.jhm
and sun243_figures/interopmenu.eps need attention.

Feel free to hack the text in SUN/243 around as you see fit,
or say how you'd like me to do same.

I think, bugs apart, that's more or less all I'm intending to do
for PLASTIC SPLAT now.  Let me know if you disagree that it's in a
reasonable state.

cheers

Mark

[log in to unmask] +44-117-928-8776 http://www.star.bris.ac.uk/~mbt/