On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Tim Jenness wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, Starlink Software wrote:
>
> >    etc/init/login.in
>
> Mark - any chance you can fix up the "profile" file for bash users?

Tim,

I did consider updating profile.in when I did login.in, but since a lot
of other things were missing from it (e.g. any mention of starjava stuff)
I concluded that it was moribund and left it.  I've now added the
STILTS_DIR setting which is enough to make the new functionality
in GAIA work, but if you want it to set up SPLAT et al it will
need some more lines adding.  If it is supposed to ready TOPCAT
and STILTS for command-line use, the only thing it needs is
addition of @starjavadir@/bin to the path.

Mark

[log in to unmask] +44-117-928-8776 http://www.star.bris.ac.uk/~mbt/