Google Maps

Hi all,

After the discussion on the use of Google Maps last Friday, I thought I would share what we have been doing here at Abertay. We are planning on integrating Google Maps into our external site in similar fashion to the example Brian showed. You can see this at http://development.abertay.ac.uk/dmackland/temp/googlemaps/index.htm. What makes ours different is that we have a management system behind it for updating and adding new locations. This is developed using Oracle's Application Express tool. If you haven't seen this before you can find out more at http://otn.oracle.com/apex/. The case study from Standard Life is particularly interesting, especially since it is Scottish! Apex is also the front-end to Oracle's free database system Oracle XE (http://otn.oracle.com/xe). Anyway I digress and it wasn't a rant! Unfortunately I can't give you access to the management system so I have attached a PDF of the manual we have written for its use.

If you have any questions please get in touch with either myself or David Mackland ([log in to unmask]) who did the work on this.

<<Managing GoogleMap Locations.pdf>>

Cheers,
Duncan

Duncan Davidson BSc(Hons) CEng MBCS CITP AMIMA
Information Manager
Corporate Information & Web Services
University of Abertay Dundee
T: +44 (0)1 382 308 862
M: +44 (0)7 976 744 323
E: [log in to unmask]

This Email is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use the contents nor disclose them to any other person and you should immediately notify the sender and delete the Email.