Sent: 04 August 2006 12:10
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Project documentation retention

Has anyone tried to do a generic schedule for projects documentation?  I've drafted one using the TNA recommendations (10 year retention for essential material), but the feeling here is that such a retention period is a tad excessive (other than for major building projects, of course).

It may not be possible to even have a generic schedule, but given that practically every business unit here runs projects, I thought I'd give it a go.

Clare

Clare Cowling
Records Manager
The Law Society
113 Chancery Lane
London WC2A 1PL
Tel 020 7320 9541
(internal ext 4605)

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient then you must not copy it, forward it, use it for any purpose, or disclose it to another person. Instead please return it to the sender immediately and copy your communication to [log in to unmask] Please then delete your copy from your system. Please also note that the author of this email is not authorised to conclude any contract on behalf of the Law Society by email. To help us improve our service, calls may be monitored or recorded for quality and training purposes. Thank you.

The information contained in this email is intended only for the person or organization to which it is addressed. If you have received it by mistake, please disregard and notify the sender immediately. Unauthorized disclosure or use of such information may be a breach of legislation or confidentiality and may be legally privileged.

Emails sent from and received by Members and employees of Norfolk County Council may be monitored.

Unless this email relates to Norfolk County Council business it will be regarded by the Council as personal and will not be authorized by or sent on behalf of the Council. The sender will have sole responsibility for any legal actions or disputes that may arise.