Good question, Martin.

Looking at some of those maps, I quickly found that they mapped only a
certain reader's nexuses, but not mine. Or rather only part of the time
(or map).

I'll never read Bukowski, & certainly not when thinking Keats.

And some of the connections among the SF writers made no sense to me,
but are certainly possible for other readers....

So, it's good fun, but only to offer one the opportunity to check out
what's missing or out of place in one's own map.

Doug
On 3-Aug-06, at 6:37 AM, MJ Walker wrote:

> So people who read Donne also read: Armistead Maupin, Pauline Réage,
> Elmore Leonard, Edgar Rice Burroughs (caught me out there) & John
> Rawls (!!??), not to mention Donald E.Westlake & Chuck Palahniuk - who
> appears so frequently, whoever you choose, that I think he financed
> the whole thing on the principle of subliminal suggestion (his name is
> always on the periphery). Apparently readers of Donne don't like other
> poetry, but readers of Homer also read L.Ron Hubbard; while Heidegger
> readers shun Hölderlin, they love Sterne & Damon Runyon, not to
> mention Albert Cammus (sic). Who are these freaks (meaning both the
> devisers of this site and the readers they interviewed )?
Douglas Barbour
11655 - 72 Avenue NW
Edmonton  Ab  T6G 0B9
(780) 436 3320
http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/

Latest book: Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664

			Perhaps, after all,
there is no polite way to withdraw
from the privilege of the first person.