heyo Desmond. got the memorable surname thing going. :)

if you want my opinion, neither of those is even close to a haiku &
neither of them is much good even as a snap/Poeme/aphorism; tacky
abstract contemplation like the kind in these pieces is so top-heavy
it sometimes baffles me a little that people really write them without
noticing their inflation.
(no offense/attack intended, I hope you realise!)

& don't get me started on 5-7-5.
no self-respecting writer, possibly, would give that inconsolably
awkward & destructive convention a second thought. it pains me that
90% of people -maybe even of writers- would identify those two pieces
as haiku; not because I'm a purist who thinks that TRUE FORM is
absolute, but because haiku really, really have more [& less, heh] to
offer than high-flying pseudophilosophy.

K     S