I was looking for a descriptive term for this; "comic book realism"
was the closest that came to mind - the stylisation, the ever-present
awareness of and gestures towards a pulp media context (horror movies
and so on); the hard-boiled, sardonically un-PC Frank Miller aspect;
the morose delectation in the face of violent passions and acts. These
are Houellebecqian traits as well, although sex is more his thing than
violence.

I suspect you could do pretty well as a comic book writer. I'm serious
- and I'm quite a fan of those sorts of comic books...

Dominic