On Sunday, August 20, 2006, at 1:30 pm, I wrote apropos some medieval
portraits of Bernard of Clairvaux:

> and one from a Catalan breviary of the late fifteenth/early sixteenth
> century in the Bibliotheque Nationale at Paris (ms. Rothschild 2529,
> "Breviary of Martin of Aragon", f. 374):
> http://www.aquiweb.com/templiers/images/bernard2.jpg

Er, of the late _fourteenth_/early _fifteenth_ century.  Apologies for
the slip.  I was so distracted by the question "Which Martin of Aragon?"
(king Martin of Aragon had a son whom he outlived, also named Martin,
who in the histories of Sicily and Sardinia is also known as Martin of
Aragon**) that I failed to notice my error in dating.

Best again,
John Dillon

**Though in Sicilian history he's also known as Martin I, to distinguish
him from his father, Martin II, who succeeded him.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]