Miriam, your last point is the most important one. Gershon isn't a plot
particularly directed at libraries - all services are required to make
efficiency savings, and this would be required of libraries whether or
not we improved the efficiency of procurement. The crucial thing
therefore is to make the best advocacy case we can to local government,
on a national basis but also individually by services at local level, to
be allowed to retain cashable savings and reinvest them. And that's up
to all of us to do.

Mike Clarke
Director

London Libraries Development Agency
35 St Martin's Street
London
WC2H 7HP

tel: 020 7641 5244
fax: 020 7641 5266
email: [log in to unmask]

www.llda.org.uk

Find out what's going on in London's libraries at
www.londonlibraries.org.uk