From: Karen Thompson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 04 August 2006 10:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Favour

I had a read of your publication the other day when I was fishing around.

Heres some more information - thanks

Karen

Spaces, Places and Future Learning

Using innovative technology and practice to re-imagine learning spaces

1-2 November 2006

Rich Mix, London (www.richmix.org.uk)

This two-day conference organised by Futurelab will provide an opportunity to challenge our preconceptions of the places in which we learn, both in and outside of school, and to re-imagine how they could be designed through the use of technology and innovative practice. With projects such as Building Schools for the Future (BSF) currently on the horizon, the conference will give delegates a timely opportunity to re-examine what we want our schools to be in the future and to ensure that any new set-up, in terms of both building and infrastructure, will fulfil learners’ needs now and in the future. It will also provide an opportunity to consider potential learning environments outside of school as well as to discuss learners of all ages.

Keynote Speakers include Lord David Puttnam, former film producer and BAFTA Academy Fellow for 2006; Bruce Jilk, Educational Consultant and CEFPI Planner of the Year for 2005; Edith Ackermann, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT); Jeffrey Revoy, Senior Director of Yahoo! Europe Search and Local; and Steve Moss, Partnerships for Schools (Building Schools of the Future). A full programme is attached.

The conference will bring together the technology, building and infrastructure, education, policy and academic sectors, and features research studies alongside practical projects. Be part of the debate on re-imagining learning spaces and book your place at Spaces, Places and Future Learning. For further information and to book your place please contact Futurelab on 0117 915 8200 or go to www.futurelab.org.uk/events/learning_spaces where you can book online.

Karen Thompson
Events Coordinator | Futurelab
1 Canons Road | Harbourside | Bristol BS1 5UH
Tel: 0117 915 8205 | Fax: 0117 915 8201|
www.futurelab.org.uk
We are now known as Futurelab
Please note our new website and e-mail addresses