I would be interested to know about this East Midlands group

Can someone brief me, please?

Keith Venables

-----Original Message-----
From: The UK Community Psychology Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rukhsana Ali
Sent: 05 August 2006 18:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [COMMUNITYPSYCHUK] community psychology interest in the east midlands

Hi

I have just been catching up with all the emails!
Yes i would be very interested to join the east midlands group, thank you for inviting me.

As regards sure start - i was first introduced to community pychology ideas on my previous assistant psychologist job in sure start and i remeber accompanying a colleague psychologist (who may be on tthis list??) to a community meeting about something - i think i also attended a community psychology meeting in birmingham (this was a few years back).
So this is when i first heard about it.

My recent visit to kashmir after the earthquake felt strange as i was with CBT minded colleagues and i have only really been taught/working with that model - it was only really when i came back and started reading up on the critiques of trauma work and had time to let it sink in that i felt that actually CBT based psychological programs to support the schools and teachers etc may not be quite what they need.  It certainly opened up my thinking and i started to converse with a few community psychology people and liked the way it helped to broaden my thinking and the way it provided insight into the way aid organisations function and for whom.

Rukhsana

Derbyshire County Council is an 'Excellent' council working to improve the lives of local people by delivering high quality services.
You can find out more about us by visiting 'www.derbyshire.gov.uk'. If you want to work for us go to our job pages on 'www.derbyshire.gov.uk/jobs'. You can register for e-mail alerts, download job packs and apply on-line.

Please Note
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged and may contain personal views that are not the views of Derbyshire County Council. It is intended solely for the addressee. If this email was sent to you in error please notify us by replying to the email. Once you have done this please delete the email and do not disclose, copy, distribute, or rely on it.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 the contents of this email may be disclosed.

Derbyshire County Council reserves the right to monitor both sent and received emails.

___________________________________ COMMUNITYPSYCHUK - The discussion list for community psychology in the UK. To unsubscribe or to change your details visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/COMMUNITYPSYCHUK.HTML For any problems or queries, contact the list moderator at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] ___________________________________ COMMUNITYPSYCHUK - The discussion list for community psychology in the UK. To unsubscribe or to change your details visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/COMMUNITYPSYCHUK.HTML For any problems or queries, contact the list moderator at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]