Message submitted on behalf of Murray Davies

Colleagues may be interested in this conference

Subject: UK Conference: Consultation with Young people: Making a Difference? September 19th 2006

     Hi

    I attach details of a conference that may be of interest to your members. If you can publicise ths event, this would be appreciated

     We are pleased that Catherine Fitt, Executive Director of Children's Services, Newcastle, has agreed to chair the day. Newcastle recently achieved the Investors in Children Award and Catherine will speak about this.

    There will also be a new report on the views of Looked After Children from Professor Ian Butler, and an Open University study on the use managers make of feedback from young people. The day focuses on the ' Outcomes for  Children' and combines a mixture of practice, policy and research, relevant to the development of children's services. There will be opportunities for both formal and informal discussion.

    I have also attached an article written with a colleague from the Open University. The research section describing the benefits of CASI (computer assisted self interviewing) may be of particular interest. Viewpoint CASI is used by authorities in Scotland, Wales, N Ireland and England

    Regards

    Murray

    Murray Davies
    The Viewpoint Organisation Ltd