Well, most of the fire circle situations I've been in are on private land (where people already live) that has wildlife and I've never known such a thing as disrupting wildlife happening (usually one worries more about disrupting the Christian neighbors).  The frogs and the birds seem to get in on the rhythm. These places often have thriving ecosystems. I'd say that drums are probably more welcoming to nature than the sounds of cars and construction. Do you have any evidence to back up this statement?

Caduceus Books <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Greetings!

>That's interesting - for me, drumming gets in the way of contact with
>nature; it seems to me that the drummer makes so much noise that any
>spirits in the vicinity immediately run away (float away?)

If carried out in nature it can be pretty disruptive for the wildlife,
birds and mammals being driven away from nests for the duration etc.

That said some traditional shamanistic practices can be pretty
disastrous for the animals concerned
.
My best wishes

Ben
--
Ben Fernee
Caduceus Books

Telephone 01455 250542 (+44 1455 250542 from abroad)
Fax       0870 0552982 (+44 870 0552982 from abroad)

Web pages:-  http://www.caduceusbooks.com
              http://www.occultartgallery.com