Robin Lewis <[log in to unmask]>typed

> I'm sorry but I have seldom heard such patronising and supercilious rubbish
> masquerading as postings to a supposed 'grown up' discussion group.

I don't think Adrian's opinion was formed overnight.

I spent years working up the ranks in departments from Shetland down to
Dorset, with differing levels of help and support. Nursing has become
more academic and less practical over the years, leaving a gaping hole
on basic patient care. (It is now a family 'rule' that bedbound
hospitalised relatives need a full-time 'minder' to provide the care
that is missing in the brave new NHS)

When requests for basic practical assistance are spurned or ignored,
some of us get resentful.

Sorry. Sad but true.

--
Helen D. Vecht: [log in to unmask]