Rowdy,

Oh happy days indeed, hammy……”hint”?

Ok, I’m out of this one now, but look forward to talking with you, et al in another place and another timeJ

Anthony

From: Therapeutic Communities [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rowdy Yates
Sent: 27 July 2006 15:10
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: 1970s research data

Anthony

I wouldn't say offensive exactly but very much of its time.  It's hard to imagine collecting data on a client's dependants these days and asking if they were "legitimate" or "illegitimate"! But I suspect that lots of social screening surveys included questions of this sort at that time.  It may be just me but I felt there was a hint of being on the cusp with the qualification of the "Housewife" catagory.  I suspect that was a caveat that might not have seemed necessary 10 years previously.

Ah! Happy days!

Rowdy Yates
Senior Research Fellow
Scottish Addiction Studies