Dear all,

We must all be aware of the current situation taking place in the region; we
would like you all to know that so far the communities in Israel are safe.
Due to the constant bombing in the North of the country, community members
from a northern T.C have been provided with shelter and safety, by Ilanot
T.C community. Some 40 community members and staff from the north have for
the last two weeks or so continued "in the struggle" at Ilanot T.C, the
Director, Eitan Sela has made space at his home for some of the staff
members.

We all are aware of tensions which can emerge during treatment for
addictions; I must say that I have no understanding of what it must be like
to attempt to continue to remain in treatment, or to provide therapeutic
community treatment, in these conditions.

It has been my privilege to visit most of the communities throughout the
country, meeting dedicated people who simply work together, overcoming
differences, finding similarities, in the search for recovery and a better
life.

On behalf of the EFTC, the Phoenix Haga community, and myself, I would like
to send this message of "long distance" support, and hope that you all, your
families and friends stay safe.

Anthony Slater,