On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Peter W. Draper wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Mark Taylor wrote:
>
> > It's just occurred to me: will the JAC binary release include the
> > starjava set, and if so ought I to be worrying about whether there is a
> > well-defined version of TOPCAT et al. in the repository at any
> > particular epoch?  I don't necessarily guarantee to synchronize my
> > release schedules with the JAC in this respect, but I might do if it
> > looks sensible and not too hard.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> yes we intend to release a version of STARJAVA along with the classic
> stuff. There are many updates to SPLAT that need to be released. I've
> already updated all the JNI libraries in preparation.
>
> I'm assuming (haven't really discussed this), that the release will be
> simple, that's just installed into /star<something>/starjava and put into
> the ISOs with the rest, so am working towards tomorrow as the freeze date.
> Tim's currently the nominated release manager, so he might have different
> ideas!

OK concerning this:

  1.  Tim (or whoever) can you tell me how the release is going to
      be managed with respect to the CVS archive?  I presume you're
      going to make a branch on the whole tree including starjava
      at some point which will form the basis for the release;
      if so, exactly when?

  2.  Having got my Tcl head on I'd quite like to carry on getting
      the catalogue stuff into GAIA, though as per my earlier message
      it's not going to make this release.  Peter, if it's not
      disruptive can you leave instructions for whether I should do
      this on the gaia-xmlrpc branch or elsewhere, and when it's
      safe to do so.

Mark

[log in to unmask] +44-117-928-8776 http://www.star.bris.ac.uk/~mbt/