It's partly the way he sings it & partly the rhyming of "U-tah" &
"Me-pa", where the implicit "You" is followed by the tongue-flicked
"tah" as opposed to the soft "pa" preceded by the low hum of "me"
briefly ascendent. Best song on that album, in my opinion, and unusual
in his work in its highlighting of that slowed down central use of
pathetic fallacy (or call it projection & condensation) in that falling
"sleet",
mj

--
Lorsque le ciel s'obscurcissait, ta victoire toujours, lampe des signes! La chair moins nue de se savoir écrite et partagée. (When the sky darkened, always your victory, lamp of signs! The flesh less naked for knowing itself written and shared out.) - Claude Esteban d.10 Avril 2006