Oh good you got to that PDF Steve - I'm reading it with great interest!

It brings me flashbacks of the EU COMSPEC project that ACE, DART and others were ninvolved in in the late 90s. We were a bit early out then, but perhaps time is now getting ripe for our visions then of an openly specified and available framework for software components for access and multimodal communication. We ended up with specs and a fairly competent alpha implementation in Java in 1998. We tried to update that to the Java 2 level here at DART, but didn't get quite far enough to be able to publish a fully working version. I still have a slumbering ambition to be able to follow that through sometime as a FLOSS project - OATS being the perfect spot nwo of course. Well, well, we'll see ...

Cheers,
Mats

Steve Lee wrote:
> Can anyone else access the Communication from scratch pdf?

Scratch that, it opens fine now - strange.

Steve