There are quite a number of images of the Trinity shown in the form you
describe (the Throne of Grace or Gnadenstuhl Trinity). The ones I am familiar with
exist in stained glass - there is a fine one in Browne's Hospital Chapel in
Stamford, Lincolnshire and I can probably find others in my slide collection.
There is also an image in the East Window of Holy Trinity Goodramgate, York,
which shows the Trinity as three old men (in this case crowning the BVM). I can
send you images of these if you are at all interested (I would send them to
your email address rather than to the site to avoid the wrath of the eye that
never sleeps (George)!

Gordon Plumb

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]