Yes please.  'New Library World' (of blessed memory) in the 80's had reports of LA Council by former President Wilfred Ashworth which were more informative than those in the "LAR".

Bright and breezy?  I'd prefer something of the friendly and disinterested irony of Simon Hoggart reporting on the House of Commons. But readable and informative reporting would spring more easily if the order of business and the business of Council did not lead to longueurs and often turgid debate.

Edward Dudley

-----Original Message-----
From: Chartered Library and Information Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Mcsean, Tony (ELS)
Sent: 14 July 2006 12:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Observations on the Lis-Cilip decision

One change that is under discussion is that I should write a short and breezy "view from the chair" summary of council business which would go into Update.  I couldn't do it for the last meeting because of unusual pressure of day-job work  but it's on the cards.  I'd be interested to hear people's views on this (which could be extended to other standing committees) on- or off-list.  It will make a change from the 50 out of office messages that will fall like tropical hail when I hit SEND in a second.

Tony McSean