Hi All

Just caught up with this discussion re the closure of LIS-CILIP.

This was agenda item number 3 at Council. Chris Armstrong's paper on why
LIS-CILIP should be retained and Jill Martin's paper on the Communities
of Practice were both discussed in detail by councillors. The essence of
Chris's  paper has already been circulated via this list.

I am not going to attempt to summarise the discussion but I felt that
all the arguments for keeping the list were well presented.

The motion on which we voted was to retain LIS-CILIP alongside the
communities of practice. The votes were as follows:

For: 11
Against: 23
Abstentions: 7

For the record, I voted to keep LIS-CILIP.

I recall that it was also agreed that LIS-CILIP should remain until it
can be demonstrated that the Communities of Practice have at least the
same number of members and level of participation as LIS-CILIP.

Karen

--
Karen Blakeman, UKeiG Management Committee
mailto:[log in to unmask]