Dear All

I have been asked to circulate news of the following vacancy.

Regards

Nick

Projects Officer

English Heritage, (NMR, Swindon)

Circa £17,793

English Heritage protects and provides advice on this country's unique legacy of historic buildings, landscapes and archaeological sites. We also manage over 400 sites and welcome in excess of 11 million visitors to these each year. The National Monuments Record (NMR) is the public archive of English Heritage.

The post is responsible for carrying out project based work within the Datasets Development Section.  The section is tasked with the management and development of the NMRs Heritage Data Sets: a suite of national historic environment databases of buildings and archaeological sites in England and its territorial waters in both text and spatial format.

This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with a good knowledge of English architecture and archaeology. We need a genuine team player who will make a positive contribution to the work of the team by demonstrating initiative coupled with sound computing and project management skills. On a day to day basis you will research, maintain, and disseminate heritage information to a range of internal and external customers. You will have responsibility for preparing project documentation and ensuring projects in your care run efficiently.

For further information and an application form please contact: Meera Jain, Human Resources, National Monuments Record Centre, Kemble Drive, Swindon, SN2 2GZ or e-mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> , quoting Ref: J/036/06

Close Date: Friday 28th July 2006