From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mandrake of Oxford
Sent: 27 July 2006 20:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Academic shamanism list

Dave

good morning - couldn't that be discussed on this list?
For starters not quite sure what the difference would be between 'shamanism' and 'magick'
- perhaps a difference between literate and non-literate traditions??
In contemporary publishing 'shamanism' once functioned as a euphemism for magick -
ie doesn't scare the fish -
other euphemisms 'alchemy' = 'sex'
; )

mogg