Here is some excellent news:

Peter Martin was listed in the recent Queen's Birthday Honours List.  Peter was a graduate of Phoenix House London and subsequently went on to become a staff member there and later its Director.  He was for many years CEO at Addaction.  He continues to be a valued and well liked member of the EFTC Board.  This news snippet from Drink and Drugs News tells the story:

Peter Martin awarded CBE
 Peter Martin, former chief executive of Addaction has received a CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours list for his contribution to the drugs field. Earlier this year Mr Martin stepped down from his role at Addaction after 15 years, during which the national treatment charity developed 70 services in 46 locations, ranging from Addaction Scotland to Cornwall. He is still in close touch with the field through being a board member of both ACMD and Wired, and is now developing a coaching practice for chief executives to help them manage change. Commenting on his CBE, Mr Martin told DDN: 'I'm touched by the honour - it's good for the field. When I receive it I'll be thinking about people coming to terms with drug and alcohol problems, and I'll be receiving it on their behalf. 'I feel privileged, but there are so many people involved. It's about everybody, especially users - and I was one myself.'

Rowdy Yates
Senior Research Fellow
Scottish Addiction Studies
Sociology, Social Policy & Criminology Section
Department of Applied Social Science
University of Stirling

W: http://www.dass.stir.ac.uk/sections/scot-ad/

T: +44(0)1786 - 467737

M: 07960 - 403392

--
The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland by
charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA.  Privileged/Confidential Information may