The system in question was being demonstrated at the 27th International
Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners, in Montreux 14-16
September 2005, so it's not as "breaking news" as New Scientist seems to
suggest.  The suppliers, EMITALL, provided me with a CD with a Powerpoint
presentation explaining the technology in more detail and enclosing some
short demo videos.

Best wishes

Andrew

--On 06 June 2006 14:32 +0100 David Wills <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> New Scientist article from yesterday
>
> http://www.newscientisttech.com/article/dn9276
>
> - David.
>
> David Wills
> School of Politics & International Relations
> The University of Nottingham

> attachment may still contain software viruses, which could damage your
> computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email
> permitted by UK legislation.

Andrew Charlesworth
Senior Research Fellow in IT and Law
Director, Centre for IT and Law
School of Law/Department of Computer Science
University of Bristol
Wills Memorial Building
Queens Road, Bristol BS8 1RJ

Tel: 0117 954 5633 (CompSci)