Well, I’ve sat on this email for about a month, so time to send as I just
discovered the Cannes website and saw a red carpet photo with Claudio:

http://a69.g.akamai.net/7/69/7515/v1/img5.allocine.fr/img_cis/images/festivaldecannes/img/vign
photocannes2006_gb_18358107_05272353137053.jpg

from:
http://www.festival-cannes.fr/films/fiche_film.php?langue=6002&id_film=4352625

Dear all,

I have known Claudio Tamburrini for much less time than many IAPS members,
but I wonder how many people know about his less formal philosophical
writing. For some of the newer members who might not have met Claudio, you
will be familiar with his views on a range of sport ethical issues,
particularly his work on performance enhancement. Just last week he
launched, with Torbjorn Tannsjo, a new volume in the Routledge Ethics and
Sport series called ‘Genetic Technology in Sport: Ethical Questions’.

Aside from this, Claudio has also written an autobiographical novelisation
(apologies if that is not an appropriate description Claudio), called ‘Pase
Libre’, which is published in Spanish.

Well, this wasn’t really supposed to be a biography of Claudio, just a
friendly ‘heads up’ to his buddies. So....

Last week (now last month), I saw Claudio in Oxford and learned that ‘Pase
Libre’ had been made into a movie and is soon to be released (now shown in
Cannes). I just think this is fantastic and thought everybody should know
about it! It’s not often that a philosopher – let alone a sport philosopher
– makes such great strides at transcending creative barriers, so this one
couldn’t be overlooked.

The film, Cronica de una Fuga, is already kicking up a storm in Argentina
and has made the Official Selection at Cannes this year. I have just taken a
look at the trailers, which look amazing and I can’t wait to see it! Can we
set up some kind of screening at Niagara? :)

So, without going on and on about the movie, I’ll direct you to its website
and urge you to harass Claudio with emails, especially since he is looking
quite tired from all the media interviews.

http://www.cronicadeunafuga.com

Best wishes,

Andy

PS: This email took longer to write than I had expected! (NO KIDDING!)

Dr Andy Miah | [log in to unmask]
http://www.andymiah.net
http://andymiah.wordpress.com

Editorial Board, Health Care Analysis
Editorial Board, Genomics, Society and Policy

Recent:
Miah, A. (2005). "Genetics, cyberspace and bioethics: why not a public
engagement with ethics?" Public Understanding of Science 14(4): 409-421.
available from: http://pus.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/14/4/409

Current:
http://www.posthumanism.org.uk | http://cybermedicine.blogspot.com
http://www.gspjournal.com | http://www.paisley.ac.uk/mlm

Author of Genetically Modified Athletes (2004, Routledge):
http://www.GMathletes.net

Fellow in Visions of Utopia and Dystopia
Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies (IEET) | http://ieet.org

Lecturer in Media, Bioethics and Cyberculture
University of Paisley, Ayr Campus, KA8 OSR, Scotland, UK.
[t] +44 7891 850497  [f] +44 1292 886371  [e] [log in to unmask]

Dr Andy Miah | [log in to unmask]
http://www.andymiah.net
http://andymiah.wordpress.com

Forthcoming:
Miah, A. and Rich, E. (2006) Genetic Tests for Ability? Talent
Identification and the Value of an Open Future, Sport, Education and
Society, in press.

Editorial Board, Health Care Analysis: An International Journal of Health
Care, Philosophy and Policy
Editorial Board, Genomics, Society and Policy

Recent:
Miah, A. (2005). "Genetics, cyberspace and bioethics: why not a public
engagement with ethics?" Public Understanding of Science 14(4): 409-421.
available from: http://pus.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/14/4/409

Is ‘Gene Doping’ Wrong?
Project Syndicate, translated into Spanish, French, Russian, German, Czech,
Chinese & Arabic
http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/miah1/English

Current:
http://www.bioethicsport.org.uk/ | http://www.posthumanism.org.uk