I am currently writing a Masters Dissertation on the Just So Stories, and
one of the areas that I am investigating is their publication history.
Does anybody have any ideas of where I can investigate this? I am
interested in such questions as:
1. Why he chose to publish some stories in the St Nicholas Magazine and
others in the Ladies Home Journal (his political views I think did not
tally with those of Edward Bok, the editor of LHJ - I know Kipling met Bok
but what was their relationship?)
2. Why did he choose Amercian publications when he no longer lived there?
3. What is different about the stories that were only included in the book
collection?
I would appreciate any information that could be given.
Kind regards
Jude Lawrence