From: Lovett, Elizabeth Lesley
Sent: 30 June 2006 03:33 PM
To: Frankland, Angela
Subject: RE: RE: Question re Variable Fees

Thanks for this Angela.

I would disagree with both MMU and the DfES and charge old fees in this instance, quoting the UUK/SCOP guidance which says that, although institutions can according to the regulations charge students transferring new fees, UUK/SCOP strongly recommends that no student is charged more than the statutory support offered by LAs.  Most LAs would treat a transferring student as being on the old system, and support them only for £1,200, and if they did I would charge the student £1,200.  We've got something to this effect in our policy document on tuition fee charging, let me know if you need me to look it up for you.

Best,
Liz.

Mrs Elizabeth Lovett
Assistant Registrar