The following vacancy has arisen at the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich:

Manuscripts Cataloguer
£15,500 - £17,500 + benefits

We are seeking a friendly and flexible person with a professional approach to help deliver the archive and library services of the National Maritime Museum. As a Manuscripts Cataloguer your primary responsibility will be to create and maintain accurate catalogue records and produce the collections for use by a wide range of researchers. You will join a busy and dynamic team providing front-line services in the Reading Room and E-Library, delivering learning initiatives with teams across the Museum and responding to individual enquiries.

The NMM is planning a new archive facility to house its world-leading maritime manuscripts and broaden access to its collections. Upgrading the catalogue is a key component of this project. You will need to be creative and outgoing with the ability to work on your own initiative in a methodical and careful manner. Your willingness to learn and your enthusiasm for the subject coverage of the Museum will be essential. Experience of archive and library practices and systems will be an advantage. A degree or equivalent is desirable.

The Museum is an Investor in People organisation and supports continuous professional development, and study for relevant qualifications.

Closing date for applications: Wednesday 28 June
Interviews will be held on Thursday 6 July

To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Human Resources, National Maritime Museum, Park Row, Greenwich, London SE10 9NF or by email to [log in to unmask]  For a full job description please visit our website www.nmm.ac.uk/jobs

We regret we are unable to reply to every applicant.  If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date please assume you have not been short listed.