Apologies for cross-posting.

You are invited to attend the following seminar:

*Title:'Minimum Incomes for Healthy Living'*
*Speaker*:Professor JN Morris (LSHTM)
*Date & Time*:Friday 16th June - 1.00p.m. - 2.00 p.m.
*Venue*: Basement Lecture Theatre, 1-19 Torrington Place,
University College London. (nearest tube Goodge Street)

*Abstract*:

1.Worldwide research since World War 2 is establishing essential
personal needs for healthy living in the key areas of nutrition,
physical activity, psychosocial relations/social inclusion,
housing/home, health care.

2.Public Health should aim that society enables every one to apply
this
knowledge in real life.

3.In our enquiry we have sought to assemble current best  evidence from
expert systematic reviews and RCT; to formulate this in  terms of
acceptable ways of living; and to minimally cost these. All in
conditions of England today.

4.Two case studies are reported.

(1)Young Men, in context of the National Minimum Wage.  /J.Epidem
Community Health, 2000; /*/54/*/; 855-9/.
(2)Older People, in context of the Old Age Pension, and society's
official safety net - the Pension Credit Guarantee after means testing.

5.Some policy implications will be raised in relation to /Choosing
Health/ and to inequalities in health.