I would like to draw your attention to the post below which was advertised
last week and can be viewed in full on www.jobs.ac.uk
<http://www.jobs.ac.uk/> .

Part of this post is funded by the Women Returner’s Scheme (Sheffield
University) (returning from maternity leave in early 2007) and involves
assisting me with my current research – which focuses on methodology, men
and violence in South Africa. It is worth stressing that the fields
specified below are very broad and we would welcome applicants with good
planning / human geography backgrounds.

Please do not contact me directly about the post in general, as I am already
on maternity leave, but do contact our HOD Professor Heather Campbell if you
are interested.

Regards, Paula

Dr Paula Meth

Department of Town and Regional Planning

University of Sheffield

Winter Street

Sheffield

S10 2TN

Phone: 0114 222 6912

Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

University Teacher  (Fixed-term)

Department of Town and Regional Planning

Ref:                    R3928                                 Closing Date:
07/07/2006               Grade:                        7

Salary:               £23,457  per annum.

JOB TITLE:    University Teacher (Fixed-term)

BRIEF OUTLINE: This growing department is seeking to expand and develop its
research and teaching excellence through the appointment of a University
Teacher with experience in the broad field of spatial planning or
environmental sustainability. Candidates will be expected to contribute to
teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, to share in the
supervision of Masters dissertations, and to play an active part in course
development and management. The appointee will have a good honours degree,
or equivalent, in an appropriate area along with relevant teaching
experience. The successful candidate will also assist Dr Paula Meth with
research. An ability to research and write literature reviews and grant
applications and to conduct qualitative analysis would therefore be an
advantage.

REPORT TO:  Head of Department

Main Activities & Responsibilities:

The postholder will be responsible for the following areas of activity, as
may be agreed with the Head of Department:

Teaching

1.      to contribute to teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate
levels

2.      to share in the supervision of Masters dissertations and Level 4
projects

3.      to play an active part in course development and management

Other

4.	to contribute as appropriate to the administration of the department
5.	to engage in academic or professional activities which will enhance
the national and international reputation of the department
6.	to support the research activity of Dr Paula Meth as appropriate
7.	to contribute to the department’s collegial working environment

PLANNING & ORGANISING:

*         Teaching-related and administrative work as allocated by the Head
of Department or committees.

*         Plan and prioritise own daily work, and forward plan for some
tasks.