Equality Event Access 360 Working together for equality inhealth and social care

Equality Event Access 360 Working together for equality in health and social care

A partnership between:

Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust

Cardiff and Vale Local Health Board

Cardiff Council

Cardiff University

Vale of Glamorgan Council

Vale of Glamorgan Local Health Board

Dear colleague

Access 360°

Working together for equality in health and social care

5 June 2006, Urdd Centre, Millennium Centre, Cardiff Bay

We want you to join us for a day to help shape the future of our health and social care services. Access 360° is dedicated to discussing issues and ideas to improve access to our services for people from all ethnic, gender, age, faith, sexuality, disability and language groups.

Local healthcare organisations, Local Authorities and Cardiff University are hosting a day of discussion and workshops with a wide range of local businesses, organisations and members of the public.

Working together, and by involving you, we aim to understand better what we need to do to improve our health and social care services. We will also look at making the connections between statutory and voluntary organisations and how others can hold us to account. The outcomes of this day really will make a difference, shaping how we deliver our services in the future.

Book your place at this event using the attached form – please reply by 17 May 2006.

Joining us on the day are Deputy Health Minister John Griffiths, Charles Willie, Chief Executive Cardiff and Vale Coalition of Disabled People, Simon Jones, Chair Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust, and Naomi Alleyne, Head of Equalities and Social Justice Welsh Local Government Association.

Access 360° Programme for the day

9.30            Registration

10.00            Introduction

                    Simon Jones, Chair Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust

10.15            Promoting equality – ‘what we need to do’

                   Charles Willie, Chief Executive, Cardiff and Vale Coalition of Disabled People

10.45            ‘What we need to know’, your part in the day

                    Naomi Alleyne, Director of Equalities and Social Justice, Welsh Local Government Association

11.15   Coffee

11.30   Workshops

12.30   Lunch

1.30            Afternoon Introduction and feedback from morning

2.00            Keynote speech

           John Griffiths, Deputy Health Minister, Welsh Assembly Government

2.30     Round table discussions

3.00     Coffee

3.15      Questions to panel

4.00     Close

The Urdd Centre

The Urdd Centre is part of the Wales Millennium Centre. Directions to the venue and a map can be found at: www.wmc.org.uk/temp/AmapofWMCandCardiffBay.pdf

The Urdd Centre entrance is at the rear of the building near the crossroads of Bute Place with Pierhead Street. It has level access. Accessible parking is available at the Millennium Centre. General parking is available at the UCI Cinema Complex, also marked on the above map. We will reimburse out of pocket expenses for members of the public attending this event.

Please note that his information is available in poster form and is also available in Welsh.

If you need any further information about this event contact:

Jan Birch, Equality Advisor

Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust

02920 2033 5733