Though I don't have the specific quiz to hand, I have had to deal with similar executable quizzes,
so my comments are based on those.

Because of the way they are constructed and disrtibuted you can not network a single copy. You
can host a copy and then each individual student downloads them but as you have found this
means the results are not recorded on the VLE.

The only solution is to re-write the quiz out using your quiz tool of choice, one that will allow the
results to be written to your VLE.

In theory you can't use Hot Potatoes as unless you have the full licence for Hot Potatoes you would
be in infringing copyright as you have the make available all quizzes created in Hot Potatoes and
you don't have the right to distribute the content of the Dfes quiz.

Self-executable quizzes are a real pain, especially if you have a locked down PC which requires
admin rights to execute executables as is the case in many colleges.

We have also had students downright refuse to download such quizzes at home as their internet
security software blocks or warns them that this is a risky thing to do.

In my opinion where possible avoid creating or using these style of quizzes.

Regards

James Clay
WCC Director