It all sounds fine, I just worry about more manual reporting processes. You may wish to look at:

http://ganglia.gridpp.rl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/ganglia-fs/fs-page.pl?m=%5Bnone%5D&r=day&s=descending

Which is work done by Matt, to publish the MAUI shares through ganglia. I'm sure other sites
would find this easy to install. We also have another one done by Matt:

http://ganglia.gridpp.rl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/ganglia-cap/cap-page.pl?m=%5Bnone%5D&r=day&s=descending

Which publishes our capacity. That one probably has to be propogated throughout the farm, but should
otherwise be easy to deploy.

Regards
Andrew