Just to retake this hijacked thread...  :-)

The installation procedure Matt described works fine with 2.7, we don't
see problems with glite, at least on CE and WNs. The problem is defining
non-middleware packages in the kickstart file. A minimal approach
doesn't work and we haven't seen any requirement list from the VOs.

For those using kickstart what do you have in your @packages list ?
eg.

%packages --resolvedeps
@ apt-rpm