Mark, Eduardo,

On 2006 May 4 , at 16.24, Mark Taylor wrote:

>  I think all you need to do is
> do a cvs update in applications/scb and then run a top-level make
> world
> again.  This should start up where it left off.  Please someone
> correct
> me if that's not the correct/recommended procedure.

It might be worth noting that simply invoking 'make' in the
applications/scb directory would also work to test just this update.

The difference in the two cases, Eduardo, is that 'make world' in the
top level is a special case, which checks that the file
<installationdir>/manifests/scb (and so on) is present; that file is
created when the component (scb in this case) is build _and
installed_.  If the file is present, the top-level make won't go to
the source directory and call make.

Since you haven't yet build scb, you won't have the .../manifests/scb
file, so a top-level 'make world' (as Mark suggested) would do the
expected thing.  I only add this  additional explanation because
that's not a general recipe for rebuilding a component which has been
updated from the CVS.

Phew.

Norman

----
Norman Gray  /  http://nxg.me.uk
eurovotech.org  /  University of Leicester, UK