Funny you should say that - that was also the cause of cupid failing in
the nightly build.

I did make a change to AST yesterday related to inclusion of <float.h>,
but I *added* into a header file (object.h), rather than removing it from
anything. It is just about conceivable that somewhere deep in Rodney's
clever scheme for creating ast.h, there may be something which says that
because <float.h> is now included within object.h (for internal AST use),
it therefore doesn't need to be included in "ast.h".

Just goes to show you shouldn't rely on other libraries including
your header files for you :-)

David