On 5/24/06, McGrath, Barbara <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi,  I want to illustrate the volume of digitally borne (eg WORD, PDF, jpgs)
> in a physical form i.e. what would 1.5 million documents stored on a shared
> network drive look like or another comparison is what would 400Gb of
> documents stored on a shared network drive look like.  I am looking for a
> physical comparison to what this would look like in paper form.

if each of the 1.5 million documents is a single sheet, and 1500
sheets can be placed in a standard records storage carton (15x12x10
here in the US) then you would have 1000 boxes

If stacked on a football field the paper would reach a height of X.
here in the states an American football field is used for analogous
purposes a lot because people can visualize it easily.

that is the main thing you want is to create a comparison that folks
can relate to. 1.5 million documents stacked vertically will create a
stack equal to ?
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va