The next RMS Scotland Group event will take place on Wednesday 21st June. The title of this full day event is:

“Preparing for success : foundations of good records management”

As ever the event is a full day, free to attendees (with priority given to RMS members) including free buffet lunch. Registration will be at 9.30 for 10am start and we hope to finish around 4pm.

We have not yet finalized the agenda but here’s what we have got planned for you already:

Following the success of the breakout session approach at our last event in Stirling, we will have two workshop sessions:

Making the Case for Records Management

Peter McKinney, Research Officer for the JISC eSPIDA project will lead a session on information value, business cases and communicating with Senior Management.

File Planning and Retention

Elizabeth Parker, Director, Emmerson Consulting Limited and tutor with Dundee University’s (CAIS). Her session will focus on file planning and retention scheduling

Introduction to the new MSc in Records Management

Pat Whatley, Dundee University Archivist and Director of the Centre for Archive and Information Studies, will talk about the Centre and their new MSc in Records Management & Information Rights

So …… email me NOW!!!!! to guarantee your place at what promises to be yet another successful event.

Please forward to any colleagues you think may be interested in this event…. And as ever apologies for cross posting

Cheers

Heather

Chair, RMS Scotland Group

Heather Jack

Director

HJBS Ltd

Unlocking the Value of Your Information

07753740109

0141 423 6555

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact Heather Jack by replying to this email

2006 marks the 60th anniversary of the Arts Council's royal charter. Public arts funding over 60 years has made a huge difference to England's people and places - imagine the country without the arts. Go to our website to find out more www.artscouncil.org.uk/sixty

www.artscouncil.org.uk

Arts Council England is the trading name of the Arts Council of England registered charity no. 1036733.

The information in this e-mail is for the named recipient(s) only. Any disclosure, copying or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any opinions/advice expressed are subject to our terms of business. We do not accept liability for any virus introduced by this e-mail.