Hi,

  I am looking into a policy to eliminate old data being held within shared drives. This is in line with a records management policy that will require 'key' records to be transferred to an electronic records system (or paper if it exists and is 'structured').

  My initial thoughts are something along the lines of everything over 3 years goes
  and that everything which has not been viewed for over a year goes into an offline limbo storage for a few more years before being deleted.

  Obviously warnings will be given and this will be done in line with a retention policy so that records related to risk areas or functions are secure.

  Does anyone have a policy like this that has worked? Has anyone considered this but chucked it out? Is this too risky? Will I become the most unpopular person in my organisation?

  Any comments advice etc would be really appreciated - thanks in advance...

  Chris Campbell