Here in Gloucestershire we run a corporate information management group,
but information management is still not accorded anywhere near the same
weight corporately as human resources and finances.  We have the
opportunity to develop our role in this area.  It would therefore be
helpful to receive examples of good practice from other authorities where
information management in the broadest sense (Records Management (paper and
electronic), Data Protection, Freedom of Information, Information Sharing
Agreements, Data Ownership and Quality etc etc) works well on a corporate
level.  I would be particularly interested in seeing terms of reference for
such groups or hearing of council structures that give information
management prominence.

Many thanks,

Heather
Heather Forbes
County & Diocesan Archivist
Gloucestershire Record Office, Clarence Row, Alvin Street, Gloucester GL1
3DW
Tel: 01452 425299; email: [log in to unmask]

For more information about our services, please see our website:
www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/archives