RADIO NOSTALGIA
Arc UK / Irish Poetry series

Radio Nostalgia uses a range of personas and historical locations to examine
our sense of community and what our lives can mean. Reporting back from the
frontiers of conflicts and consumerism, we enter a world mediated through
news anchors, oracles and narrators, where often violent simulations of
national conviction fall dangerously short of being human.

"As palliative as a corpse in a junkyard, ...Radio Nostalgia doesn't relax
you so much as it opens a way into wakefulness. With a stunning lexicon,
short phrases stuffed with grit, petrol and spleen, Chris Emery orchestrates
a complex, resistant music into one to three-beat lines as our 'countdown to
armaments'. He refuses to look away from the tableau vivant of degradation.
'It is (as promised) all here for you now', he writes, a twenty-first
century so wounded and blout that only the language that crawls over it
shimmers with its implicit hope for transformation and redemption." ­Forrest
Gander

Paperback
92 pages
November 2005
ISBN 1-904614-19-1
Price: £8.99

Buy now
http://www.arcpublications.co.uk/catalogue/view_product.php?product=307

Very best
Chris

Chris Hamilton-Emery | Publishing Director | Salt Publishing Ltd
PO Box 937 | Great Wilbraham | Cambridge | CB1 5JX | +44 (0)1223 882220

101 Ways to Make Poems Sell available now! Click below to read more!
http://www.saltpublishing.com/books/sgrw/1844711161.htm

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It is intended
only for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is
unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy,
circulate or in any other way use or rely on information contained in this
e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you have received this
mail in error, please inform us immediately at [log in to unmask] and
delete it and all copies from your system.