On May 23, 2006, at 12:39 PM, Stephen Vincent wrote:

>> Patrick Cockburn on reporting the real news in Iraq:
>>
>> http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article570217.ece
>>
>> A frustrating aspect of writing about Iraq since the invasion is that
>> the worse the situation becomes, the easier it is for Tony Blair or
>> George Bush to pretend it is improving. That is because as Baghdad
>> and
>> Iraq, aside from the three Kurdish provinces, become the stalking
>> ground for death squads and assassins, it is impossible to report the
>> collapse of security without being killed doing so.
>>
>> What can anyone do to offer another view (beyond this, at least)?

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really
talking about peace." George W. Bush, Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

"I can't understand it. I can't even understand
  the people who can understand it."
                    --Queen Juliana of the Netherlands

Halvard Johnson
http://home.earthlink.net/~halvard